Wednesday 3 June 2015

Midi Widget gating TipTop audio modules



My midiwidget from Highly Liquid arrived... so I quickly set up a breadboard test with it gating some eurorack modules!

Three gates out with LED indicators and a permanently on LED to show 5v power supply.

The 5v gate out voltages go through 1v resistors and then on to 3 modules; TipTop 808 Kick, Snare and Rim.

Video recorded on iPhone, audio through Mackie vlz mixer with no fx into Logic. Video and audio were then visually synced.

I have to say, I love this thing already– still working out how best to design my build, as I want to use some gates for eurorack, and some to switch circuitbent machines using reed relays. I might post some more as that progresses...

But in essence this device rocks, thank you highly liquid!

No comments: