Thursday 4 February 2016

Doepfer a155 sequencing drum toy

Lately I've been experimenting with reed relays sequencing my circuit bent gear. Using Coto 9007-05-01 relays I've found the gate of most Eurorack modules is enough to switch them, so no extra power source is needed for this use.


Here's a film of my doepfer a155 sequencing a bent drum toy. As you can see I've also added pitch/clock adjustment pot. The next job will be to add a jack in parallel so I can control it with my doepfer a101.9- then I'll have pitch AND gate sequencing ;)

After more breadboard experiments I made up this 4xgate to switch box. Tracks to follow soon... 

1 comment:

Arakunta said...

I'm trying to do something similar with a circuit bent Sega Genesis and a sequencer with gate/CV output, could you give me some advice? Thanks in advance :)